[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>[re Rapture]

FTR, _The [(scholarly)] Presence of the Future_ doesn't deal with 'the rapture', but Dr Ladd wrote several other books that do deal with it in very clear language; and, quite well, actually, partic relative to the time line/theology of the NT (that i've mentioned before), e.g. _The Blessed Hope_,  _Revelation_  (about the Ap John's NT apocalyptic writing), and  _The Last Things_

In a nutshell, GE Ladd's views of 'the rapture', like mine, are post-trib--but the case/s he makes for it 'demolish' the 'strongholds' of (current) alternative opposing views--like hittin' them squarely with a JDAM, m'am :)

(we can discuss this more..i think MD asked about it one time...
Michael D: That's right, G. Try as I might to egg on the discussion, there was not much interest on TT.
so, somebody ask a pertenant theological question:)
Any thing pertinent, Izzy? I would love to get some further inputs into the subject. One request I would make is for you, G, to detail a few of the stronghold demolitions that he delivers in his books. That would be interesting to me.

>IOW
'in other words'

>And WHY is a 23 year old female allowed to play on the over 50 BB team?
>(Need I really ask???)

it's ok--apparently not what you were thinking...her Dad plays center field for that team; also, their team has a couple of former Colorado 'Silver Bullets'--a pro women's bb team

it's interesting; she was an all-state sb player who got into bb (her first /only 'love':) bec of her Dad's interest; she's an excellent pitcher (as well as 1b) who works as a youth bb instructor at the Colo Baseball and Softball Assoc, housed in a big steel building partitioned with nets/cages, etc. for pitching and batting lessons/practice, etc., where i met her...a bb manager i know let me work out with his team in the off season; one day outa the blue, she asked me if i know her Dad (i do) (and she's as good a bb player as he is, too:)..now we're arch-rivals--sorta like you and me <rof>:)
You do have a blast slogging it out with Izzy, don't you. I hope you realize the reason she keeps standing up to you (and others on TT) so successfully... It's because she is full of Shields ....  Oh, oh, Baaaad joke... Hey, I'm taking liberties on TT that I don't usually allow myself. Maybe it's because I get criticized for my bad jokes enough down here, I don't want to face a TT onslaught as well Seeing I don't have protection like Izzy, I better just lie low with the humour, right Mrs. Shields???

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger