Terry,  It seems to me that the selfish thing to do is to cling to someone by interfering in postponing their death at their own expense.  (In certain situations.)  I’ve probably taken care of more ill people than you have, and I know what that means, and that is not the issue.  Playing God can work both ways. I don’t think we should judge people who want to stop that game. Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry Clifton
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 7:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Ethics question

There are sins of commission, and sins of omission.  Failing to care for another as yourself is a sin of omission.

 Nature does not take it's course.  God put you here and it should be God who decides when to take you out.  He will take you when He is ready, tube or no tube. When you make that decision, you usurp His authority.  You play God.

 When you start considering how unfair it would be to spend your life caring for someone who will never  be able to thank you or even acknowledge your presence, you are dwelling on self.  Self is not what it is all about.  When you do it for the least of His, you do it for Him.

Think about those things.

Terry