Hi Everyone:

We just got our power back this morning and I'm praising the Lord. It has
been an
interesting week in the dark, stumbling around with flashlights and
scrapping for
water and ice. Actually we were blessed in that our kids got their power
back before
us so we could shower at their houses and they cooked the evening meal.
Otherwise
it was my husband and me at the kitchen table with one light and one 5"
battery
powered TV we borrowed from our daughter.  The weather cooperated in that
it was
not oppresively hot during the daytime and it cooled off at night.

OTOH some are still without power and the profiteers are here selling
generators
worth $649 from the back of trucks for $900 cash and $1000 credit card.
Ice that
should be less than a dollar is selling for $2 a bag - also there was
some looting of
the houses of the people who evacuated with TV's and computers stolen but
on the
positive side some neighbors met the people next door for the first time
and people
were helping people. Red Cross and Salvation Army are providing meals and
ice and
we got water at the fire station.  Someone we don't know loaned us a
generator on
Tues when he got his power back, he works with our daughter-in-law, so
good
Samaritans are still out there. Sam (no pun intended) is a redneck who
doesn't know
the Lord so I'm going to lay hands on that machine and ask the Lord to
bless him
before we send it back.

Our God has been faithful, praise His name.

Judy