"Bruce Woodford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Dear Judy,
You wrote:"So far as God is concerned "putting on Christ" means
there is no difference, this is what Gal 3:28 says."

 Sister, I read Gal.3:28 over again, but I noticed that it does NOT
 say that "there is no difference" between Jews and Greeks, bond
and free and male and female. Thank God for that!  There are
obviously many differences. But with all our differences we
"are all one in Christ".

Judy:
Hi Bruce, I agree that the word "difference" is not in this text.
Gal 3:28 reads "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither
bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one
in Christ Jesus"  However, I would like to point out that neither is
the word "communication" in the text.  We need to understand
that the scriptures relate spiritual truths. Sure a man and a
woman have physiological differences but there is no difference
spiritually between any of these groups and since our focus is
on the Kingdom of God this is what we must communicate.

This understanding is validated  by Rom 3:22 "Even the
righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all
and upon all them that believe for there is no difference"

1 Cor 12:13 "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into
one body whether Jews or Greeks whether slaves or free
and we were all made to drink of one Spirit"

Col 3:11 "A renewal in which thee is no distinction between
Greek and Jew, circumcized and uncircumcized, barbarian,
scythian, slave and freeman but Christ is all and in all"

We need to be careful that we don't turn the New Testament
into a 'rule book'.

BTW you never did say exactly what the differences you
referred to are.

Grace and Peace,
Judy