Charles,
The parenthetical remark is from the writings of Joseph Smith, so unless you believe in latter day revelation, sorry, no scripture is available.  Joseph Smith also indicated that Michael, the archangel, is AKA Adam, the first man.  If I am not mistaken, he likewise indicated who the two angels were who rolled the stone away from the tomb upon the resurrection of Christ, but can't recall where I read it.  If I find it, and you are interested, I will post it.
BlaineRB