Moses 3:16-17 And I, the Lord God, commanded the man, saying: Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, But of the tree of the aknowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it, nevertheless, thou mayest choose for thyself, for it is given unto thee; but, remember that I forbid it, for in the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
God would say choose for yourself? Choose sin1 or sin2?
"Thou shall NOT...thou mayest choose"? Is this God talking out of both sides of his mouth? This is logical?

God says sin is bad then he decides that Adam must sin?
Would you tell your child "DO NOT play in the street, nevertheless, thou mayest choose for thyself"?

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Kevin: God wanted Adam to sin? God planned a willful breaking
> of a law? God placed Adam in a situation that forced him to sin?
> God wanted Adam to PARTAKE of what God had FORBIDDEN?
> So sin is just a formality?
>
> DAVEH: Do Protestants ever really ponder such, Kevin?
> Have you (seriously) thought about it? I find it very logical.
>
> Judy:
> Only because you don't know God DaveH.
> His holiness is diametrically opposed to the above scenario.
> "God can not be tempted with evil, neither does he tempt
> any man" (James 1:13).

DAVEH: What do you think is God's role in placing Adam & Eve in a/the tempting situation?

--
Dave Hansen

Do you Yahoo!?