Wm. Taylor wrote:
So much kindness. I agree.

I love you, my friend, and hope to show you why in due course.
DAVEH:  Thanx for your reply, Bill.  I must say that I very much appreciate your kind and humble way of expressing yourself.  I wish you had been here last year to help soothe some of the discussions, some of which tended to get out of hand.  I personally believe the gospel should be discussed in gentleness and calmness, which seemed contrary to the way some others prefer to preach it.

     Having said all that, I perceive you feel the desire to attempt to dissuade me from my LDS beliefs.  I understand your need to do such, as many other TTers have also felt so compelled.  I think I should mention that it is not my desire to leave Mormonism.  IOW, I am not in TT looking for an excuse to give up that which I believe.  However, I appreciate your apparent love for me and your (perceived) desire to for me to change to beliefs that may be more congruent with your own.  While your intentions may be of the utmost desire to benefit me, please do not take offense if I do not readily adopt your beliefs as my own.

    Having said all that for the sake of other TTers (if you had been here for a few years, you'd understand why I said that), I am willing to listen to whatever you have to say.  And.....I may even have a few questions regarding your beliefs, and why you believe the way you do.

Bill
or wrote:
Great stuff, Dave H. Sometimes we are much closer to the truth than we are even aware. Keep it up!
DAVEH:  Thanx for the words of encouragement, Bill.  However, I must warn you that saying such may cause a wrath of unkindness to befall you here in TT.

--
Dave Hansen