From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Also, OUCH! Judy strikes another BLOW for her TRUTH.
May God grant that we might all join Judy on that high perch from
which she looks down on unenlightened folks. Lance

jt: Is the above a "meaty" and mature response Lance or
the other kind which ridicules or snarles at the other person
while standing under the Word in your own words?

Are you saying something meaningful about the subject or
are you attacking the person you are responding to?

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study

From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Ahhh but, which Jesus. This was, is and will be the central question
until the eschaton at which point it will the name spoken in acknowledgement
and praise. Lance

jt: I'm not familiar with the term 'eschaton' (is that scriptural?) but by the time
many figure it out it will be too late - It's not whether or not we think we know
Him.  The question is "Does He know us?" or will he say "depart from me, you
who practice lawlessness?"  I sure would not trust these wide sweeping
mental constructs if I were you....

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study

jt: I think it is important enough to talk about but I doubt we will reach a consensus until we decide to fellowship around God's Word and lay our pre-conceived notions, the Nicene Fathers and all that aside and come humbly asking the Holy Spirit to reveal God's Word to us. DaveH and Blaine are not seeking answers because they believe they have them already in Mormonism
tc: Dave and Blaine have their problems, but I was addressing OUR problems.  We need to get the beam out of our own eye.  Only then are we in a position to help them.  One way to do that is to examine yourself.  If you find no fault, you are perfect.  If you find any fault, it is a serious fault, and needs to be dealt with.  There are, in my estimation, no small faults.  The world is watching you, expecting to see Jesus.
DAVEH:  I'm not sure I'm welcome in this conversation......
tc: Dave, I welcome your thoughts.  Though  I do not share your beliefs, I admire the way you are able to discuss them without demeaning the person with whom yor are conversing.  I do not know if you are doing this based on training or in love, but you set a far better example than most of us.

Dave:    In short......you are right, Judy.  What I hear/see in TT does not compel me to want to change from what I have.  In fact, when some tell me they want to wave my underwear in public, I want to run the other direction.  But something else in me wants to find out why those underwear wavers want to act that way, which is so contrary to what I perceive Jesus would do.......which is why I've enjoyed some of my discussions with the street preachers.  I just want to find out why that kind of thinking makes them tick.  I suppose that also explains why I enjoy TT so much.  Though it is so contradictory to the nature of the way I've been taught, I'm extremely curious as to why you folks seems so comfortable with the religion you practice that produces such interesting fruits  I don't know if that makes sense to any of you.  And, I hope I'm not offending anybody by sharing my thoughts.  Delete it if you don't want me butting in......or.....Ponder it as an outsider's observation.
I am not sure you can open your mouth without offending someone, but please continue.  Outside observations can be valuable to those who want to learn.  You might, if you really want to avoid conflict to some extent, stop using the word "protestant".  I am not certain what you would replace it with, but that word does not describe today's Christian.  Religion is another bummer.  All religions all seem to have one thing in common, that being that good works will get you salvation.  I have faith in my Savior to accomplish that.  My good works, according to the Bible, have all the value of a filthy rag.  No religion for me.
Terry

--
Dave Hansen