So then, are you telling me that Jung is sitting on your throne? I think you are. What's the deal, it's okay when you benefit from the contributions of others, but its not okay for another to do the same? Sounds a bit contradictory to me. But of course that's just a philosophical insight on my part. You don't have to give it any mind. However, I must say, Judy, your credibility is waning. You'd better take a nap, and start eating right, get refueled a little bit. Really I think you just can't stand the thought that someone other than yourself might have something important to say. Rest those tired bones, Judy. The days are piling up, getting longer.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 7:08 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] POLYANYI AND THE HOLY SPIRIT

From: "Wm. Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of
man which is in him?" (1 Cor 2:11).

The premise upon which Polanyi stood, was this: we always know more than
we can say. Hmm. I wonder where he'd heard that before?

jt: Man is a spirit being and everyone inwardly knows more than they can articulate;
Oftentimes people do not know how or why they know things. This is where Carl Jung's
'unconscious mind' along with his archetypes and dark shadows comes from.

Jung's father was a pastor but Carl became disillusioned with religion thinking it was
impotent and could not help people.  At some point Jung did admit that he believed
the things he saw in the "unconscious" were demons but that would have been too
controversial in his generation so he used different terms.  There are two kingdoms
out there Bill and we are spiritual receivers for one or the other.  No point in wearing
ourselves out on Polanyi when we can go directly to the throne of grace for help in
time of need.

judyt

"Man in his pomp is like the beasts
that perish"