Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
That pompous soul who comes to your door for the purpose of giving you their
"truth' and, after being rebuffed gives a testimony on how they've suffered for the
sake of the Gospel. Some folks just don't get it I guess.
Subject: [TruthTalk] POLYANYI Spirit of OBTUSE vs Spirit of Truth

JUDY SAYS Careful Kevin you touch their idol and you will be relegated with me and my Shirley Temple curls - along with the scowl, concordance, and topical Bible :>) You'll have the Epicureans and the LDS on your case.... but you can count it joy  to suffer for the sake of the Lord so it's not all doom and gloom and Moses made  the same choice - in by faith giving up all the knowledge of Egypt choosing to  suffer with God's people rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season  (Hebrews 11:24-27)

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The Truth has been THROUGHLY MANIFESTED w/o Polygymy or Polyanyi in SIMPLICITY!

2 Co 11 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

2 Co 1 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Michael Polanyi's ... ideas are based  on the belief that all knowledge is either tacit (silent and unspoken) or rooted  in tacit knowledge.

VINCE SAYS  I never heard of Polanyi until this forum introduced me to his name, however, never fearing to rush in where angels fear to tread, I'll say that the short and presumably accurate sentence above makes little red flags go up in my little pea brain. There's nothing there referring knowledge to God or saying that real knowledge is rooted in God and His revelation. I suspect that, if the summary above is correct, Polanyi's logic eventually leads us to "nobody's grasp of reality is any better than anybody else's grasp of reality, therefore nobody's knowledge is any better than another's knowledge." If Polanyi uses this to conclude that the poor certitude of our own knowledge is a good reason to root ourselves in Christ, then he must have been a wise man. On the other hand, if he uses this to promote moral relativism and ecumenism, then he had no wisdom at all.

Do you Yahoo!?