----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Blaines Lost sheep of america

Discovery of just ONE senum or ONE shiblon should do it. With many coins in circulation this should be easy as we have many discovered coins from the Bible era.
Blaine:  I don't know about coins, but what about cement?   The Book of Mormon  mentions cement being used extensively:
Helaman 3:7-11
"The people who went forth became exceedingly expert in the working of cement."
". . .they did build houses of cement."
".  .  .  all manner of their buildings," and many of their cities "both of wood and cement."

The temple complex at Teotihuacan, north of present day Mexico City, uses cement mucho mas!  It dates back to the time indicated in the BoM.  After 200 years, it still exceeds present day building code requirements.  Cement as a building material is also found in the Valley of Mexico,  and in the Maya regions of Southern Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras. Use of cement is not found in other Indian buildings, only the Maya seem to have used it.  It was basically a lime cement, according to the writers of my source article, "Concrete Evidence for the book of Mormon," by  Matthew G. Wells, and John C. Welch.  More about this can be found in chapter 61 of  Reexploring the Book of Mormon, edited by John C. Welch.

 Thousands of Biblical sites have been discovered. Just one Nephite city will do.

Blaine You keep saying one site will do--what about the Nahom site on the Arabian Peninsula?  That has yet to be explained away. (:>)

The alledged discovery of barley proves nothing about the BoM a senum would there is not other explanation for a senum than the BoM.

Blaine:  The Book of Mormon also tells of the downfall and ultimate destruction of the entire civilization and legal system of the Nephites, of which the coins and their grain equivalents were a part.   I would be very surprised if much survived at all.  The final destruction took place less than 400 yrs after the visitation of Jesus Christ to these people.

Isn't the Hohokam site the same one later settled by LDS? How do you know the barley was not planted in the mid 1800's?

Blaine:   That seems to be a way-out possibility to me.  The Hohokam Indians raised many crops besides Barley, in a huge area of thousands of acres, as indicated in info below:  "Salting" such a huge area with a few barley seeds would be pretty difficult, and time consuming.  Those Mormon settlers would have to have been far more motivated than any Mormon settlers I ever heard of--I doubt they even knew barley was a controversial subject.  They were more likely preoccupied with surviving in a hostile environment.  (:>)

"The Hohokam utilised extensive and ingenious canal systems to irrigate thousands of acres of their farmland; more than three hundred miles of major canals, and nearly three times that number of smaller canals, have been recorded in the lower Salt River valley alone (Houk 1992: 8). As well as their irrigated crops of maize, lima and tepary beans, squash, tobacco, cotton, barley and amaranth, the Hohokam gathered saguaro cactus fruit, prickly pear pads, cholla cactus buds, plantain, mesquite beans and agave from the wild desert. Maize kernels recovered from Hohokam dwelling sites have been dated to 300 B.C., or the time of the earliest Hohokam settlements."    More on this subject can be found at:

Blaine is this where you get your FACTS from FAIR?
http://www.fairlds.org/apol/brochures/anach2.pdf

Blaine:  I have a book titled Reexploring the book of Mormon, edited by John Welch.  It has FARMS research in it.

See you at conference!

Charles Perry Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Blaine,

I offered the challenge a week or so ago:

"If you cannot find even one proven fact in the BoM that is not from the
Bible, then my assertion about it's fictional nature stands."

That is interesting about the barley, but it hardly consitutes a proof.
There is no linkage between the barley the BoM other than in name only.

Perry

>From: "Blaine Borrowman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Blaines Lost sheep of america
>Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:54:40 -0700
>
>Blaine: Sorry, but I got so far behind, I started deleting posts without
>reading them--it was the only way I could catch up and get current. (:>)
>I even deleted DavidM's posts, which I am usually careful to read, so don't
&! gt;take it personally. In fact, I unsubscribed for a couple of days while I