Oh John!!
I'm wondering if all pastors use 1 Cor 8:1-4 to cover what they
don't have answers for.  My daughter in TX who has four young
impressionable children was assured by their Baptist pastor that it
is OK to go out and celebrate the devils holiday at Halloween just so
long as they don't look like devils; ie they dress them in Disney stuff
and this is the scripture he used to justify such evil counsel.  Lord
have mercy on his soul.    judyt

Oh, John Smithson, you have been fooled by the enemy due to bad
experience with UPC (Under Privileged Children).  An exceedingly vile
and wicked organization with yet a few of the children of The Almighty
mixed in perhaps.  If you'd stick to The Word and Jeremiah 29:13
instead of doing that which is right in your own eyes you could see
the light to find your way our from your present darkness.

john: I spend much time in the word, Chris.  No one is always right
when it comes to his/her understanding (interpretation).   That is why
I Co. 8:1-4 is so important to discussion groups such as this. Do you
attend a church that shares you oneness theology?