In a message dated 5/10/2004 2:00:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Thanks for the information on HH and his wife.  I agree with just about everything you say in this post.  I just want the truth on this man.   When you put his "accomplishments" side by side on the same page, they are more than noteworthy.   Were all these things true,  HH would have third party notation.  The fact that he went out into the streets and universities and preached Jesus tells us that his heart was in the right place.  Ditto for his concern for his wife.   I have taken back my "he is a fraud" statement, but the mythology is a very different matter.   Did HH foster at least some of this myth?   The PhD?  And some of the other stories,   I don't know, but I want to know.   Again, thanks for the information.

God Bless

John

  JOHN,
               YOUR RETRACTION IS ACCEPTED, THOUGH IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND THE LORD.
              KEEP IN MIND THAT I KNOW HUBERT BETTER THAN ANY.  I HOLD NO BRIEF FOR MYTHS.   DAVID IS THE SAME WAY.   WE ARE SCIENTISTS, NOT APOLOGISTS, EXCEPT IN THE THEOLOGICAL SENSE.   WE WILL "PERSUADE"  MANY, KNOWING THE TERROR OF THE LORD, AS AMBASSADORS.  HUBERT TAUGHT US MANY THINGS ABOUT BEING AMBASSADORS, BUT HUBERT WAS BOTH LOVEABLE AND FLAWED AT THE SAME TIME., E.G. HE RAN A CHAOTIC CHURCH THAT NEEDED DISCIPLINE & MAYBE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PASTOR, WHEN HIS CALL WAS THE SEPARATE CALL OF "EVANGELIST", THOUGH ONE CAN HAVE BOTH GIFTS IN THEORY.

                 --ELSMAN
P.S.  HERE IS ONE  "MYTH" YOU CAN CHECK:
            ELVIS PRESLEY SURVIVED A TORNADO IN TUPELO , MISS. WHEN HE WAS STAYING THERE WITH HIS GRANDMA IN HIS YOUTH.  HE SURVIVED BECAUSE HUBERT WARNED THE GRANDMA THAT SUCH WAS COMING & IT CAME, AFTER SHE HAD PROTECTED ELVIS.  QUERY:  WAS THERE EVER A TORNADO IN ELVIS' EARLY YEARS THAT DEVASTATED TUPELO?  A SIMPLE QUESTION.  WE CANNOT PROVE THE GRANDMA -ASPECT, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF A TORNADO EVER HIT  THERE WITH DECIMATING FORCE, KILLING PEOPLE.