In other words, non-essentials don’t really matter in the light of eternity? What do you consider essentials to be? Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 6:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The Passion Test

In a message dated 5/7/2004 4:40:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John, I can’t believe you are telling me that it’s okay with God if you are passionate about your faith in Hare Krishna or Osama Bin Laden! And what if you believe in Jesus Christ: how do you determine if you are “passionate” enough? So <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Passion is the litmus test? What am I missing here? Izzy

Good question.   Words are so limiting.   I would imagine that an attachment to Hare Krishna or Bin Laden's faith would involve a denial of the God I now serve.   I did not intend to convey that passaionate faith is the Savior and Redeemer.    What I had in mind was Romans 14: 23 and Paul's statement  "What is not of faith is sin."   The illustration from which comes his observation is the man who believes mistakenly that the way of the vegetarian is the way of God.   Mistaken?   Yes.   Does this effect the validity of his faith.   Obviously not.   That is what I had in mind.  I Co 8:1-3 makes sense in view of this Romans 14 passage.

Grace ----John