This is just a reminder that TT is a discussion group. It's purpose is to facillitate the discussion of truth (whatever that is). With this in mind, please limit yourself to posts that discuss the topics presented by members.

Yesterday one poster had 24 posts, another just under 20, most of which were one liners with little or no discussion content. Here are some types of posts that come across the TT forum that do not pertain to discussions, and that needlessly increase the traffic that one must wade through to find the discussion material:

1. Posts containing a link to an interesting web page you found. If a link helps to progress an argument, make a point, or directly relates to a topic of discussion, then use it. But, please avoid just sending a link that pertains to something you think is interesting.

2. A one-liner that does not further a discussion, or multiple one-liners that each address only one point of a larger discussion. Try to respond to an entire post with a single response of your own. Occasionally, if you leave out an important point you intended to make, or want to change or correct a previous post, then a second post is warranted.

3. One-line responses back and forth between two posters for an extended period. This is a discussion group, not an immediate message board. If you go one to two quick one-liner posts with another member, why not take it to an IM board, chat room, or to private email.

4. A cute joke or anecdote that you found on the internet, or that a friend or relative sent you. I am sure we each get enough "FW:" email every day that we do not need to wade through it on TT.

5. ANYTHING that ends with "Send this to xxx friends", or "If you love Jesus you will forward this to...". I would guess that Jesus could care less about your email, and doubt that not forwarding such will affect your state of redemption.

6. Personal discussions between two members. Most probably don't care that Bobby is in graduate school at the same place the other member's brother's son went. If it becomes personal please use private email.

Thanks,
Perry the Moderator

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org