Jonathan Hughes wrote:

  This is a dangerous and reckless way of interpreting scripture.  Last week Terry and Judy both made use of the argument from silence technique.  If Paul or Jesus did not ask any of the centurions/members of the military to leave the military then we must assume that being in the military is ok, and more so assume that it is a good thing (i.e. increase it from being acceptable to being a good moral choice).

Please Jonathan, tell me when I concluded that, and what my exact words were.  I do not recall making any such statement  as that in bold type that you have attributed to me.
Terry