Hi Bill.   Don't get me wrong on this one.   I am not one who takes the creation claims as allegory.    Chapter 1:26,27 presents (to my thinking) a contextual consideration that allows (if not demands) the text to say that "mankind" is the view.  I actually researched this one before drawing my conclusion and found that most scholars (actually, I am being too kind here; all scholarship in my possession) in my humble library call for "mankind" in the translation rather than "Adam"  ("let us create Adam in our image ..."   doesn't even sound right to me).   There is much going on in the ancient world at the time of Adam and Eve.   Populations are exploding and cities are being built. Adam and Eve are recorded because of the very point you mention below  --  the bloodline, an excellent point on your part.

Beans !!!!  My Sweetie just called me to breakfast.  To be continued later.

a brother,
John  Smithson