On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 07:06:16 -0400 Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Surely the glee is inappropriate, and we are not to forget that vengeance is His, but it does not take a genius to tell that some people, in their present position, are a shoo-in for Hell.  You shall know them by their fruit, once you get the beam out of your own eye.  Just remember that being a fruit inspector sometimes causes you to go out on a limb, and that will make you very unpopular with some folks who shudder at the thought of warning others that they are bound for Hell.  Terry

jt: True Terry,
But remember we are only able to judge ppl by outward appearance - I like to remember that everyone is subject to change including me.  Also in this generation we have so many different denominations - all with their own version of "truth" - the latest I've heard being this all encompassing "incarnation"

In going back to see how the apostles approached these issues, I can't find any railing about hell.  In fact when Paul testified to Felix and his wife Drusilla (in Acts 24:25) he "reasons of righteousness, temperance, and the judgment to come" until Felix trembled which (to me) proves that Paul's words were with power even though at the time he was imprisoned by the system Felix served.  Today we don't talk too much about righteousness and temperance - we like to focus on the "judgment to come" because we believe that we won't be part of that, especially in light of Romans 2:12-16 (if that unbelieving Gentile can fulfill God's law, then lots of nice folk are in); this is what we have been taught... Some today even mock or snicker at those they call "holiness people"
like it is some kind of a virus.

Lots of food for thought.  I've been wondering why - if this "incarnation" teaching is sooo important, Paul didn't instruct Felix and Drusilla about that... or why this was not his focus on Mars Hill in Athens.

Thanks for your input, Grace and Peace,
Judyt