On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:35:21 EDT [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
jt: Basically I have never changed my mind about truth John; though my understanding has deepened as I study God's word.  Lance, Jonathan, and now you appear to be so caught up in some ethereal concept of Christ that I can not relate to.  My Jesus is the Word of God and this Word has not ever changed.  Early in my walk a sister told me that Jesus is the one constant.  Whenever I wake up in the morning everything in the world may be different but He is always the same.
I have found this to be experientally true.

Judy my dear,  I do not believe that you have just said that you have never changed your mind about what you believe.  You are not a follower  --  therefore I know that such is not even remotely possible.

Secondly, I hear Jonathan and Lance saying these very words in a different way  :
My Jesus is the Word of God and this Word has not ever changed.  Early in my walk a sister told me that Jesus is the one constant.  Whenever I wake up in the morning everything in the world may be different but He is always the same. I have found this to be experientally true.

I see Lance as more the theologian and Jonathan as more the pragmatist.  It is Lance who objects the loudest to intellectual game playing and Jonathan who protests the "heart" issues such as prejudice.   Neither is trying to develop their individual theologies apart from the written message or the Living Word or they would not remain in this forum.  They would be over there with Atheists Anonymous  or the Bangermain Theological Society for the Eschatologically Impaired.
jt: John it is possible to proclaim Christ and ATST deny Him with one's actions and/or speech.  Lance may object the loudest to psychological game playing but he is better at it than anyone here by default.  Jonathan might protest things such as prejudice but are his standards God's standards?  You know God's Word is judging all of us as we speak - We are either being blessed or cursed according to where we walk. I know this is not a popular concept because we all think we should be always on the blessing side of things but a man shall live by the fruit of his lips.  When God calls it "dirt" (sin), it's a good idea to agree with Him and deal with it (in our own heart that is). He can take care of all the milling masses out there who Jonathan and Lance are agonizing about constantly.