I believe the temple priests drew lots to see which one of them would enter the Holy of Holies once/year.  I think that gambling isn’t a problem if you are losing money you can easily afford to lose; ie: pocket money.  On the other hand, it is sinful as it is a waste.  You have gotten nothing for what you spent, except a few moments/days of hope that you might win.  Then you get the bad news—it wasn’t YOUR lottery ticket that won.  Again.  However, if you had invested each dollar you spent on each lottery ticket for several years, well, maybe you could have bought a rabbit! Izzy

PS If you DO win, remember your old friends on TT!

PPS  How many of you have ever known anyone who won a state lottery?  (I’ve known two.)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry Clifton
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 8:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Judgment?

Slade Henson wrote:

How about casting lots?

If I remember correctly, the priests at times cast lots to determine God's will.  That was not gambling.

The soldiers who crucified Jesus also cast lots for His garments.  Since one of the garments was very well made and of some value, they would not want to divide it among themselves and end up with only rags, so they cast lots to determine who would own it.  I have heard many people say that they gambled at the foot of the cross, but I do not see it that way.  Like entering a drawing or hoping to win a door prize, they had nothing to lose, just something to gain.  The winner had the garment.  The others still had everything they had before.  Similar to drawing straws.
Waddayathink?
Terry