John, I did’t remember posting the quote below, and have no idea what you are talking about. Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] from O'Reilley to you

In a message dated 9/21/2004 7:58:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"It is a sense of one religion being a true religion," Miller said. "He

has made a choice. But it is very complicated. It involves emotions.

And you are in fact negating something in favor of something else. That

makes it a difficult thing when you set it up in public that way."

This is exactly where we all go wrong (IMO).   If we believe that the "image of God"  (Gen 1:26-27).  is a shared and vital sense of community  .........................(the  picture),

if we believe that the experience of God is intimately related to our benevolent activity in and with that community (Isa 58:9-11),  that the only undeniable manifestation of God's presence is our interaction with one another (I John 4:12),  that the requirements of the "law" are fulfilled in our offering to God and to our fellow man  (I John 1:21) .....(the activity),

then we will see the value and benefit in Jame's definition of "pure and undefiled religion"  (James 1:27).   ........................ (the reality).

Absolutely nowhere in scripture is "pure and undefiled religion" given the definition that is implicit in the above rabbinical comment.   The choice we have to make is bound up in the sharing of God's love and bounty with others or not.    Accepting that Christ is the Son of God in the flesh opens the door to the confident pursuit of the hope that lies within each of us   --   but it is not the only judgment factor on that day when God judges man through Jesus Christ (Rom 2:16).

The search for the true church, for right religion, for "truth" as defined by some sort of systematic theology, is indefensible in light of biblical teaching as expressed in the above.

a brother
John