In a message dated 11/14/2004 6:53:05 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Your words will fall on deaf ears, Suzy. You will
>soon discover this fact.
>I've been here for a while (this is my second
>helping of humiliation and
>belittling) and this is my experience.
>
>You will find this a frustrating exercise in
>futility, unless you can follow
>this rule of thumb: use this forum as a way to
>practice vocalizing your
>opinions.

I understand that Slade's attitude is not contentious but I truly do not agree with this part of the post.   Since it was not a private post, I assume it was for "our" benefit (in part) as well.

You have no idea what good is being accomplished by what you write.   Granted, it might not be the result you had in mind, but God's purposes are far above ours   ---    I am sure you (both) agree.   His goal in my life is to  bring me to a level of spiritual maturity that extends beyond where I am now.    You may not agree with this, but I believe that He is not nearly as concerned with what I believe as with what I do with what I think is true.   I Cor 8:1-3 would be a great proof-text on this point.    Even in the chatter between myself and DM, I have learned   --   moving into the written word , challenging me to formalize my thinking on a particular point.   That article on the Gospel and the Kingdom was written for my benefit and your imput.    It was not written for your benefit and my imput.   I do not try to teach in this forum  --  you will be disappointed if that is your agenda.   But the exchange of biblical information, personal theologies and, from time to time, personal circumstances is not without great value.   My personal testimony will forever include some of the thinking presented on this forum   --   for which I will always be grateful.   I even recently met with Sherrie (a non-participating member) and Bill Taylor.   Saints both  ...   with the same concerns for sharing the Christ as I.

Anyway  --  hopefully, you all will enjoy your stay on the forum.    What has been going on for t he past week or so is not the way it always is.    There are good times as well.

John