Slade wrote:
The obvious truth is that we should hope all
come to embrace the God of Israel.

There are two kinds of hope. There is the hope that is a kind of wish, which is what you seem to be talking about here. For example, God wishes that everyone would believe upon him and trust in him. However, there is another kind of hope that has an assurance and expectation. For example, I hope for the coming of Christ and the resurrection of the dead, and I hope for the eternal judgment. This kind of hope does not seem to apply to your concept above. I mean, we should not hope for something that we are confident will never take place, right? Do you understand what I am trying to say?

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org