Slade wrote:
... use this forum as a way to practice
vocalizing your opinions

Let me help you practice vocalizing your opinions, Slade. :-)

I have observed your tendency to view the New Covenant as a Renewed Covenant. I have heard some arguments for the "Renewed Covenant" being the proper translation, but I also have observed that you are not too dogmatic about that point. So let me ask you to express your viewpoint about the Covenants by asking for your commentary on the following passage:

Romans 7:1-4
(1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
(2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
(4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Please do not post the commentary of others unless you simply must credit them with a quote that you believe best expresses your viewpoint. Feel free to consult whoever or whatever resources you like, but ultimately I would like to hear directly from you about this passage and be able to respond directly to your comments.

It seems to me that this passage (Rom. 7:1-4) sets up a situation whereby those in Christ must not only divorce themselves from the law, but be dead to the law, that they might be MARRIED TO ANOTHER. Can you explain what this means in terms of your view of a "Renewed Covenant" versus a "New Covenant." Would you view a widow who married another man to have "renewed" her marriage contract, or would you view her as being in a "new" marriage contract?

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org