As I said, IGNORANCE IS BLISS!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 15:41
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] 613 Commands

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:12:37 -0500 "Slade Henson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
What do you think Jesus, Paul, Timothy, Peter, and all of the disciples taught from, Judy? What commandments
IS Jesus speaking of when He says...If you love Me, you will obey My commands?  Kay

jt: I don't believe they spent time preparing a three point sermons Kay, nor do I believe they sat at the feet of the local Rabbi. In fact the fishermen were noted to be 'unlearned' men.  Since Paul was a pharisee he studied under Gamiliel (I think it was) at some point but all of that was useless to him without the revelation of the mystery he received from Christ during his time in the desert (Galatians 3:3)  Paul said that flesh and blood didn't teach him his gospel, he received it by revelation and later on the leaders at Jerusalem validated it.  As for Peter, he was the first to receive this revelation from heaven about the Christ - Jesus said "Blessed are you Simon Barjona for flesh and blood did not reveal this to you but my Father which is in heaven"

As for your last question.  I've listed His commands on TT already - there are NOT 613 of them either.... See John 13:34, John 15:12, John 15:17, We are told more than once that the whole law and the prophets are fulfilled in one word in the statement "You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Galatians 5:14).  What can you add to make it better or more perfect?  Judyt