Slade Henson wrote:
My wife called me yesterday on my way to school and told me about this exchange (with the "S" word). She was rolling on the floor, so to speak.

I was afraid I would return this morning to the disappearance/banning/crucifixion of Jonathan Hughes. Jonathan... you're still here, right?

I do not believe swear words are a matter of holiness (I have the same view of cigarettes smoking as well). I also do not see the very occasional use of swear words as an issue of rebuke or spanking from the moderator... especially when I can understand what preempted the post.

I hope you all read Jonathan's post and I hope it sank in. He has some real concerns regarding TruthTalk and this is why it has the nicknames TrashTalk and TwistTruth. When Scripture warns us to guard our tongues, I do not believe the passage specifically refers to the use of expletives; I think the passage specifically speak about the use of the tongue to tear down and destroy... exactly what Jonathan is complaining of. Let me quote Jonathan (who, in my opinion, gives three examples of unclean speech)...
  • shallow, sarcastic replies designed to tear others down
  • logic bullying tactics
  • compares other people's [posts] as dogs**t and myth
Our loved Bill Taylor spoke wisdom in his return address and what he said is true. We need to be building THE kingdom, not using the wreckage to construct our own.

-- slade (dare I say... as moderator?)
After careful thought, there is no question that I could have chozen a better term to describe Lance;s comment than to call it dog doo doo.  >From now on, when I read a lie on this list,  I will simply call it a lie.  I trust that I am still allowed to give an honest opinion in spite of the politically correct attitude of the Canadians?
 Terry