Lance wrote:
Preliminary response: It matters not to me that you do
not see the point in supplying names. I do see the point.
So, please back this up with an array of names
throughout the centuries who fit your description.
It (the list) functions as insight into David Miller and,
to the named theologians.

Well, I was hoping on to get side-tracked with my logic here, but now I see that I must explain a little more.

The only way I could "prove" my assertion would be to list almost every professor and show them to be liberal in a belief or two. Then you would probably counter with a conservative belief of theirs. You asked for only a few dozen, but what would I give you? Clearly, I would give you the most liberal ones and then you would assert that they are not typical of most professors. All I see is a lot of work and endless debates by providing such a list. I just don't have time to construct a careful list of these names and proceed down a dead-end road.

If you want to do the homework, establish a large group of modern theologians who are not liberal. Name them and what about their theology characterizes them as conservative. I think you might have some argument for men like Karl Barth who rejected his own professors, but his liberal training still shines through in some of his theology and especially through many of his adherents.

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org