'If you can (lose) your head when all about you are (keeping) theirs..' A hypothetical scenario:A pattern of behavior is deemed inappropriate by a number of persons who frequently cite examples. The 'alleged' wrongdoer will not only not acknowledge the truthfulness of this but, says ..well you see the conclusion. Where, I ask, your honor is conscience 'at play' in this scenario?
Sent: December 02, 2004 22:19
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Toward a (biblical) Unilateral Covenant

Romans 2 is referring to the fact that we all have been born with a God-given conscience. (A position that Lance, at least, will take umbrage with.) However, most people have developed a seared conscience due to their own sin.  Please note my evidence here: There are “Christians” that you and I encounter every day who HAVE God’s word right in front of them and still can’t tell right from wrong. Or, worse yet, they read it and say That’s just Old Testament; it doesn’t count anymore.  Izzy

I'm still trying to get a context for this one. Let me see now, "for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)" Romans 2.14-15.

Bill

Yes, until/unless it becomes seared. I Tim 4: 1   But (1) the Spirit explicitly says that (2) in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to (3) deceitful spirits and (4) doctrines of demons,
2   by means of the hypocrisy of liars (5) seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,”  Those who “by nature do the things of the law…show the work of the law written in their hearts.”  But one can sin until it no longer bothers them. Izzy