Gary is this what you were looking for?

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:52:02 -0500 "Jeff Powers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

David,

From the beginning of God’s creation God wanted nothing more than a personal relationship with man. But, man chose not to have a relationship with God. During the rise of civilization, which is told in the opening chapters of Genesis, we see that although there were a few Godly men, most of mankind was wicked. God becomes unhappy with mans evil ways and is nearly ready to destroy all of life on the earth. Yet God sees in one man, Noah, the possibility of a people who would be hungry for Him. So, God tells Noah to build the ark and then wipes the earth clean for a second attempt at populating the His creation.

God finds with this second attempt that mankind by and large is unwilling to accept His blessings. But, He finds and chooses one man, Abraham, through which He can build a people who want a relationship with Him. Abraham was willing to do as God requested of him, leave this land of idol worshippers and follow Him. It is through Abraham that God promises to bless all of mankind.

There are three aspects of the covenant:

1. Land. God promises that the land of Canaan was for the descendants of Abraham.

2. Seed. Abraham is told his line will never be destroyed. Abraham’s descendants would become as many as the stars, or the grains of sand.

3. Blessing. God promises to bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants and curse those who curse Abraham and his descendants.

At a time when most covenants lasted four or five generations, this covenant was meant to be eternal. It is a tangible contract in that God promises land and offspring. Abraham had no difficulty with the land portion, but, Sarah was barren. Abraham said that his servant, Eliazer, would inherit his wealth. God informs Abraham that he will be a father, it is his bloodline that would carry on. The bloodline that would bring us Yeshua. The Abrahamic covenant was the foundation that will be expanded upon and refined as we go through the revisions of the Mosaic, Davidic and Renewed covenants.

From Genesis 12 to the end of the book, we see how God prunes and in a sense grooms Abraham’s offspring in order to build a nation. Isaac’s eldest son, Esau, fails to meet God’s criteria as firstborn. Instead we read of the scheming that takes place so that Jacob gets the blessing and acts as the firstborn. A recurring theme that shows us that God chooses the “firstborn” according to His plan, not the chronological order of birth. We see this also with, Joseph, Moses and David.

When we get to Exodus we find that the seed has grown into a nation. However, there is a problem, this Hebrew nation is in bondage. As slaves in Egypt they have become known as a peculiar people because they worship one God in a land of so many gods that it is nearly impossible to count the number of gods. God has another leader who will direct the people in His ways. A messiah of sorts who will lead God’s chosen people out of bondage and into the land promised to Abraham. Moses leads the people out of Egypt to Sinai where Moses is given God’s law (Torah) so that the Israelites could know what God expected from them. The Israelites agree to the stipulations of this amended covenant and God gives them the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The sign of this covenant would be the Sabbath. For six days the people could work, but on the seventh day all work would cease. So now Israel had the land promised by God.

After a period of time, long by human standards, we come to the next phase of Gods plan. Israel has grown and prospered and now has a king in which the Lord finds favor. It is through David that God chooses to establish His kingship for all eternity. Our King of Kings will come from the line of David, fulfilling the promised seed through which the world will see that there is only one God and one way to eternal life. This is the essence of the Davidic covenant.

There is yet one aspect of the Abrahamic covenant to be addressed. It is the blessings of the renewed covenant. Many people believe this is addressed in the New Testament, but the details are revealed in the writings of the Prophets. In a time when much of Israel had strayed and rejected Torah, God sent a prophet, Jeremiah, to call the people back to Him. Jeremiah tells us that if people return to God, He will bless them for all eternity. Jerusalem will live in peace and all the world will know the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. All the people of the world will have an intimate relationship with God through Yeshua. All will have Torah written on their hearts. The New Testament is empty and senseless without seeing that it is an expansion of the Older Testament. The New, or rather Renewed Testament, reinforces and rebuilds Gods Covenant as it was intended from the very beginning.

Much like the constitution of the USA, God's covenant has been amended several times.  Do we in the USA have a new constitution today that has replace the original?   Here we go again, somebody has pryed more words out of me than I usually care to write!  Izzy, are you following this? Have you figured out the birth of Yeshua or would you like me to post all the juicy details for that?

Jeff