In a message dated 1/11/2005 8:41:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John wrote:
>I Cor 8:4-7   ----------  we were talking about
>"many gods"  --  remember?  I thought this passage
>kindof supported DH when he spoke of those who
>believe in other gods.  The first church had it believers
>as well.

But 1 Cor. 8 makes it clear that those who perceived that there were other
gods were in error.

1 Corinthians 8:4-7
(4) ... there is none other God but one.
(5) For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth,
(as there be gods many, and lords many,)
(6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and
we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
(7) Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge...

My point, David, is that what is made clear in I Cor 8 is that some within the church DO NOT AGREE and continue to believe in many gods but serve only one, of course.  That was my point.

JD