Thank you, Bill. I don't think I'll pursue the 'negative-option marketing' plan just now. It is not a good way of putting it. I am the slow one--I think slowly, and communicate slowly, and when I rush I get it wrong.

I am trying to work out all of what the Trinitarian position means. I love the account of how salvation is fully accomplished for the whole human race, nay, the whole cosmos, as opposed to a whole lot of little personal salvations, but I am stumbling over the question of the "mechanics" of our participation as individuals and where the wooing comes in. Interesting that you used that word in one of your posts. I don't see the wooing-people-one-at-a-time in the Trinitarian position so far. I am not comfortable, I haven't worked it all out yet. I introduced myself to this listserv as a person re-examining a lot of things all at once. The process is kind of overwhelming me.

Debbie
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:16 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Whose Names are Written in the Lambs Book of Life?

Debbie, I am sorry I jumped to conclusions. I should have known better. Please forgive me. If it's alright with you, let's start over. Hi, my name is Bill Taylor. I am very glad to meet you and am equally happy that you are here with us :>)

I do have a couple questions for you: You said, "I agree with you there. But I'm not satisfied with the 'negative-option marketing' plan." I am a bit slow to catch on. What is this "'negative-option marketing' plan," and why the "But"?

I said, for the life of me, I don't get it. I am sorry. You caught the brunt of my frustration. I have posted numerous times on the sufficiency of Christ's finished work to save babies the same way he has saved everyone else, "believers" included. We do not need a second "gospel" to get those who cannot believe into heaven. Our problems arise from a deficient view concerning WHO Christ is and what he has accomplished in our stead and on our behalf. It frustrates me when what I have said in regards to this is overlooked when the discussion comes up again. No, it is not your theology, and certainly not all of your theology from just one post. It is me through and through. Thanks for being gracious and making light of my comment.

Bill