JD: We are saved by grace throught faith apart from our working of the Law.   Our/His faith is reckoned as if it were personal righteousness -- and we are saved, in part, because of that consideration on the part of God. Few - many?   Well, I believe scripture, Linda. A whole bunch of people will be saved via the gracious consideration of the Lord. A whole bunch more will be lost, choosing
to serve the created rather than the Creator.
jt:  What does "saved by grace through faith" look like?
Abraham is given as our example of one who had saving faith the kind that is reckoned as righteousness - but Abraham also passed the ultimate test. Is it really possible to be saved by "gracious consideration" aside from any corresponding action on our part? Is it all of God with little or no response from us?

We are told the law was a shadow of good things to come; it could never make the people who sacrificed perfect because then they would have ceased to be offered because the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins; but in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year (at Yom Kippur). For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (Hebrews 10:1-4).  But when Jesus (our example) came into the world, he said "Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared for me. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I - Lo I come in the volume of the book it is written of me to do thy will O God (Psalm 40:7,8) ... and Vs. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The apostle Peter tells us that He left us an example that we should "follow in His steps" and he goes on to say that "If we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses. Of how much sorer punishment suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy who hath trodden under foot the Son of God and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  V.31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  jht