In a message dated 1/15/2005 4:34:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Soooooooooooooo, John got the word wrong?  You have a grammatical reason for saying this?   You have a reason at all for saying this?   Seriously.   I see no reason for the need on your part to 1) disagree with what I said and 2) to change it to "sinning."

John

What are we doing when we âsinâ??? (Hint: We are âsinningâ.)  You seem to think they are two different things. (Not John the Apostle.) You seem to think it is a condition, kind of like dandruff, rather than an action. Izzy

Actually, two very different theologies are presented here.   "Cleanses us from sin" is a statment that declares pardon for what we do by default (sort of) as we grow and mature in the Lord's will.    "Cleanses us from sinning," besides changing the gk from a noun to a verb, allows one to think that the very act of sinning, itself, is erased.   So, the two are not the same at all.

John