In a message dated 1/15/2005 1:43:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I have been noticing that you often seem to equate "effort" and "obedience"
with "works of law."  I do not see these as the same thing.  In other words,
obedience to the law is not the same thing as obedience to the gospel.
Furthermore, good works is not the same thing as works of the law.  Is this
something I should give more commentary on, or am I just misunderstanding
you?  Do you think obedience / good works and works of the law is the same
thing?

Absolutely.   Paul tells us in Romans 2 & 3 that we are saved apart from any law and uses the Torah as the [only divine] example.

JD