In a message dated 1/15/2005 9:54:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

-- slade

  The ad honimen rule is one who no that has been invoked before.

DAVEH:  Hey John......I fully concur.  Now....please explain what it means so I can decide whether or not to retract my agreement.....     :-P

John

Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh  ---   seems a word or two is missing.   I believe that I was saying that the ad hominem rule has been tried before but not invoked fairly.  Plausible deniability plays an important role in these matters.   It seems that we can assault the integrity of the scripted presentation while pretending such assaults do not extend to the author.  For example, we can accuse the author of blasphemus ideas without calling the author a blasphemer.   We can charge the author with functioning outside the will of God without calling him a heretic.   We can brag about being spirit led in contrast to the authors practice of preferring the teachings of man   ----   all without crossing the line.   It will happen.   Anyone one to bet?

Johnny The Greek