In a message dated 1/19/2005 10:28:20 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:29:44 EST [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Jesus was not street preacher.
He spoke and taught in places that encouaged the exchange of ideas (such as a synagogue or, perhaps, the Temple courtyard).
Crowds followed Him and presented opportunities for His teaching because He showered them with benevolent acts of compassion.
He spoke harshly to those of his own,  believing that they were willfully blinded by their own sense of selfish ambition.  That is the pattern.
I have converted a few to Christ, the caring/open-the-door-to-opportunity/get-them-to-ask-the-question instead-of-me approach works.

jt: You'd have to agree that he was an itinerant street person though wouldn't you John, not having a place to lay his head and all. But He did go around doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil because God was with him.  What about if street preachers layed hands on the sick and healed them along with casting out a few devils.  Would this help any?

Itinerant street person ?  No  Lay his head  --  context might mean that he does not have a space to call his own.    So many people , so little time.   I don't know any street preachers that do healings.   What would help?   Reread my post.

You preach to the "enemy"  (in your mind), ask all the questions, give answer to these questions, and  pretty much have no off button that I can see.   Does God work through your ministry?   Obviously and on occasion, yes.   But how many are out there, Kevin.    How many?

jt: The both washed and unwashed masses.... Oophs! I'm not Kevin but am sure he will respond eventually.

Pressed the "send" button before you started your thought?

I say, take your energies and enthusiam for the Lord and minister to those who KNOW that they do not have all the answers.  Or, you can continue to think I don't have a clue when it comes to preaching the gospel  ----------     whatever.  I know that benevolent caring, a life lived with holy desire, and a ready answer  (emphasis on "ready) will work.   I believe this to be the biblical example.

jt: Benevolent caring - isn't that a "Charles Finney" _expression_?  What's wrong with just letting Kevin be a street preacher if that's his calling?

Charlie who?  I don't know.   But you will find it in my post above.   Whats wrong ???  I am expressing an opinion --  not planning a hostile take over of the KD Ministries.

It is much much more difficult to bring people to a point in time when THEY  ask the question, Kevin.  It is infintely easier to preach them to hell.   Peter's example in Acts two did just this.  Who asked the question?   THEY did.   Is harshness always wrong.   Of course not..........but you have wasted your time, comparatively speaking, when the search for Christ is not enhanced by the words you speak.   John

jt: I never see Jesus or the apostles taking questions and answering them publicly. Paul may have done it while he was reasoning with people daily from the scriptures. Isn't there a place for both?  People these days are so distracted with entertainment they may need to be jolted out of the
mental fog they are in and God's anointing does rest upon His Word. Only He can shut out the voice of the enemy for a measure of time giving them the opportunity to make a rational choice. Have you heard Kevin's preaching on the street John?   judyt

It is amazing to me just how often you miss the point.    Anyway  -  the point is this:   Christ helped to create an audience .   DavidM wrote that street preaching was something like priming the pump for other s (preacher or teachers).  But, if you will  --  go back in the archieves and find that post where I lay into Kevin for anything except rudeness  --   and I don't recall doing that.  His exhanges with Dave H, as well as Perry's, have been informative  --  interesting read for me.  If DaveH is not complaining, and he is not,  then my lips are sealed.   I don't respond to the Mormon postings because Mormonism, at its base, is off the mark.   I hastened to add that my mother-in-law is Mormon and saved.   I have accepted DaveH's claim to the Christ  --  for what it is worth.   For the record,   there is no such thing as a right church.   Grace -  unmerited favor, Christ dying for us while we were yet sinners works for individuals and churches for the very same reason.   Consider the first church's example FROM THE BEGINNING;  immature, but zealous; often confused on issue;  divided but united   ---   all the reasons given for "starting over" existed IN THE FIRST CHURCH  --  RIGHT OFF THE BAT.   But I respect their faith  (DH And Blaine).   I just think the reason for their church is not a good one.  By the way,  I feel the same about Baptists, RCC, Assemply,  and so on.

John