In the fourth paragraph, I ask questions.

We have been around and around on this at TT. I will not be able to speak in such a way as to satisfy you. All I will say is that an exercise of faith in God is required. I cannot have airtight certainty. There is more but the ice of this conversation is thin.

And I will give you this poem. Maybe I already posted it once before, I forget. Good night, brother.

Unseen and hoped for

Faith and the fetus in the ultrasound:

you only see if you love,

and seeing, love still more.

Someone who knows shows you the heart

beating bright under all the curved lines,

and thenceforth you never forget where it is,

cherish that luminous spot until

one day you are given the child

and look straight into its eyes.