In a message dated 2/4/2005 5:44:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The Creed of the Alexanderian Cult
I was just wondering how many of it's Tenets you hold.

Please show me where I do not Believe the Bible.
The reason we have this discussion is you believe in the Original Autographs, not the Bible, do you not?
If you do not hold to the "original Autograph" Theory, you do trust the Greek &Higher Criticism.
Where can I go see these Original Autographs?
I would like to add it to my trip to see the Arch. &proofs of the Bom in various Museums this summer.

Just for the record -  to "et al"  --  one-upmanship is an immature game many male members of the species actually enjoy playing.   For some reason, when I write to Kevin, it is with a smile on my rather roughedly handsome face.  It's a guy thing for some in the species.   I'm thinking the same for Kevin.

Anyway  --   some serious questions above.   I really do not care to move with the discussion until you answer a few, at least, of my questions.   If you would, go back and give reply.

As far as Alexander Campbell's contribution to the search for truth  -  the single most important consideration is the importance placed on contextual honesty when considering scripture.   I was prohibited from graduating in the Movements version of seminary.......... told to leave town by the congregation that supported while I was at the school;  and disfellowshipped twice in the ensuing years.   All because I  --  one of the larger cowards of all time  ---  could not make myself lie about what I thinking or what I believed (at the time)  ...........   so I am not a big fan of the present-time conclusions of the scet.   There is a difference, however, between the Sect and the Movement.   Max Lucado is a part of the Movement and remains in the Sect dispite enormous pressure to expell him  (for example).  Me --  I'd much rather get slapped around by members of TT than up close and in person.

This is what bothers me this is normal for this cultic group. It is not normal for the groups I run with. I have a hard time really understanding what it is like under such Authoratative leadership and seeing what scars develop long after recovery & removal from such groups. I have no personal experience with such

As far as Max we don't want him either he is a heretic

As far as the remainder of your questioning above  -   I doubt seriously anyone on TT believes in the  "origninal autograph" theory.   You write:
The reason we have this discussion is you believe in the original autographs, not the Bible, do you not?   If you do not hold to the "original Autograph" Theory, you do trust the Greek &Higher Criticism.   Where can I go see these Original Autographs?   You have missed the point entirely.  Seriously, Kevin  --  if you are going to debate, you really need to accurately represent the opposition.   If you are not doing it with me,  I then wonder what you are doing with the Mormon Buds on this forum.   Really.   Look at your statement above.   We are not having this discussion becuase I believe in the original authograph.    But I do have a great deal of confidence in the higher and lower criticisms.   And you do to !!!   Why do I say this  --   because it is this very process  (higher and lower criticisms)  that gives us  (you) our English translations.   You seem to believe that the Comparative Text (my term - admittedly) is somehow different from the biblical Message itself.  I do not.

That is exactly why I ask I do not know your stance. see previous post that is exactly why I ask of you. I do not care to misrepresent you or set up a Straw man Please reread the post I did not say you followed "OA" I asked. As you probably full well know the OA theory usually walks hand in hand with some of the Tenets I simply asked and put up some preliminary comments to lead into why I do not Hold that Theory I hold that the comparative text is NOT God's Preserved Word it is the confused almagamed "PRE Text" (my term) of the Critics Who can say Anything Authorative using these Apparatus?