Click the links for scans of the documents Balaine

Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  • "He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi." Millennial Star, vol. 3, p. 53 (1842)

  • "Again, when we read the history of our beloved brother, Joseph Smith, and of the glorious ministry and message of the angel Nephi"  Millennial Star, vol. 3, p. 71 (1842)

  • Joseph Smith - "When I first looked upon him I was afraid, but the fear soon left me. He called me by name, and said unto me, that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi."   1851 Pearl of Great Price, p. 41 (1851)

  • Joseph Smith - "He called me by name, and said unto me, that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi."  Times and Seasons, vol. 3, p. 753 (1842)

  • Lucy Mack Smith, also said the angel's name was Nephi (Biographical Sketches, p. 79).

  • Thomas Bullock Journal - In a journal entry Thomas Bullock claims that the name of the messenger was Nephi.

  • John Whitmer Statement - This statement as recorded in Reorganized Church History acknowledges the messenger to have been Nephi.

    BLAINE: Hmm, maybe you ought to print the version with NEPHI as the angel, Kevin, along with a source. I don't seem to find it in my book along with all the others. (:

    Why was there NO account UNTIL 1832 and it did not even have 2 personages in it just an Angel NEPHI
    Is that added information or something to be removed in a LATER version?
    Technically not a contradiction just a small problem that can be excised by some revision & editing.

    "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

    Kevin wrote:
    The First vision is dated 1820. I am sure you are aware of the many different versions

    BLAINE: I am fully aware of the different versions. No contradictions, however, although they sometimes add information not present in other versions. Some versions are not from Joseph, but are second-hand versions as others have retold what they recall from Joseph telling them. They are all written in a 2 volume set of books called THE PAPERS OF JOSEPH SMITH, published by Deseret Book.

  • Do you Yahoo!?