Bill writes:
I think it is a refusal on our part to let the truth of who we are in Christ evaluate and minister to those infirmities; in fact, it can be nothing other than this, because there is no part of our nature which has not been taken up and redeemed in Christ.
Bill

jt: I think it is a refusal on our part to identify with the cross of Christ and to part with the old man who should be reckoned dead and buried so that we can walk in newness of life.  It's akin to getting about with this corpse on one's back and suffocating in the stench of rotting flesh.  God has done all He is going to do, His hands are tied.  If we love the old stinkin' flesh nature so much, He will let us have it.  jt