Yeah that's a cool story, John. Sounds orchestrated to me, like God knew the kid's sensibilities! Wow, imagine that. It is fun to be a participant in those times.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Mormons and Street Preachers

Without going tit for tat with the likes of Mr. Deegan  ---   I will relate one story, keeping it very brief.

I used to minister at the a "honor farm" in the California Youth Authority. I worked as a volunteer and taught a bible study group.   Sometimes we would have 50 - 60 young men in the group.   We always had 30 or more.    Always.   One evening, I went into the barracks, called for "church" as I usually did and went across the way and waited  --  movng some chairs into place.    Only one boy showed up. One kid.   After three years, I believe, on this occasion only one showed up.   A hugh crowd the week before  --  and a hugh crowd the week after,, but only one on this Sunday evening.    So we looked at each other, and I said,  "Well, not sure what happened here, but we can just study like there are fifty in the room. "   He said, "They are watching a special Barrette   ----------------     and I am kind of glad they aren't here.   I have been wanting to accept Jesus and I have been afraid to with all the guys here."   And so he did.

Amazing.

JD