No, I’m afraid I don’t understand a “Christian” school that teaches about Bahai, but not critically; or a Christian school teacher who “does not prescribe conclusions” for 16 year olds who are at the age where they should decide on such issues for themselves.  Are they being taught to think or just to accept “whatever”? Do they have any concern for the lost? If so, why would they not ask the Bahai if they would like to understand what Christians believe?  Would you be disappointed if your son decided to become a Bahai? Or is your/their approach that every road leads to God? I think it was good to be open to understanding and listening to others’ beliefs, but the lack of non-judgmental Christian outreach and critical comparisons for the students leaves me very surprised—sorry! Maybe I’m not getting the whole picture??? Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Debbie Sawczak
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:34 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Fw: Torrance and Sin - Holy People?

The presentation itself was just about Bahai. It had no other purpose. Sort of along the lines of, "OK, after all this, this is what we hear you saying. Are we hearing you right?" But yes, the whole unit of study (not to mention the rest of the curriculum) included comparison and discussion of Christian faith. The teacher does not prescribe conclusions, however. Nor was the point of the unit This Is What is Wrong with Bahai, or Watch Out for Bahai. It was really about genuine communication with people who think differently. I know you understand!

Debbie