-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [TruthTalk] Narrow Way Not Loving]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:51:56 -0500
From: Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Narrow Way Not Loving
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:45:55 -0500
From: Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 4/9/2005 11:54:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

What  ??   Put it in black and white.   I said that??  -    I don't thnk so  --  but here we go again.   It is not what John says about what John says  --  rather, it is what the righteous right says John says that is the truth.  YOU give it a rest  ---   back to the shower my dear !!!
Jd

Then stop looking so hard for something to get offended about.  Iz

For starters, I am not "looking."  I am reading of proclaimed "double-mindedness" from Judy and your unsubstantuated accusation  --  you did and cannot give support and so you conveniently leave "prrof" out of your response  and write something like the above.

Secondly,  get this through your pretty little (just an _expression_) head  --   you and Judy cannot offend me.  You try but it doesn't happen.  I only point it out hoping against hope that one day, you might see that you (both) are in the same boat as the rest of humanity,  standing in a righteousness that is as filthy rags and in constant need of the sacrifice once and for all time given to those who possess a faith that is not of obedience to law.  And I will continue my rather gifted script in that hope.

Need a towel?

Jd
For what it is worth, John, Ithink you stated that what you preach is the same as what you state on TT.  This time you were besmirched.

On a little different note, let me share something with you that I read just a little while ago.  It really speaks to what we have all been discussing (obedience/faith/grace).
Hebrews 3:17 Now with who was He angry forty years?  And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief (belief is obviously measured by obedience).  4:1- 10: Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. (There must be something we do on this end to keep from coming up short.)  For indeed, the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.  For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said, "I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world, for He has spoken in a certain place, "They shall not enter My rest."  Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again, He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today, after such a long time it has been said, "Today, if you hear HIs voice, do not harden your hearts." for if Joshua had given them rest He would not afterward have spoken of another day.  There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.  For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.  Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of  disobedience.  ( You can see here that obedience is not works)
This chapter goes on, as you know, to speak of God's mercy and grace, amd it should, or we would not have a complete picture.  I want a merciful God as badly as you do.  I need grace, probably more than you do.  I praise God that He is the way that He is, and I praise Him for giving me a complete picture.  I believe that those who preach only grace and love have been deceived.  I see the liberal camp  preaching that you must enter the narrow gate, but it does not matter if you stay on the narrow path.  God's love and grace are so overwhelming that it works for those on the wide road too.  I hope that this is an erroneous picture, but with continal sin and no obedience, the picture cannot look any other way.
Can you not see this?
Terry