From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

AN even more interesting question is What did they use in Moses time & before???????????

Well, we know there was law prior to Moses. For example, adam and Eve had a law not to partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Cain and Able had laws about sacrifices, otherwise how could Cain's be judged unacceptable, while Abel's was acceptable?

There must have been law in Noah's time, pre-flood, else there could have been no sandard by which God judged Noah to be righteous and others not.

Then, after the flood, there was the covenant with Noah, for which the rainbow was a sign. I have read of the "Noahide Law", or, the "Seven Laws of Noah", which are held by some jews to have been given to Noah after the flood, and which governed all people up until the law was given to Moses, which governed only the Jews, and that the Noahide Law continued to govern Gentiles, even up to the present. ("The Seven Laws of Noah", by Aaron Lichtenstein).

Perry

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org