I don't know Debbie because I'm not sure what you are saying; I believe that God supervised what is now called the canon and I accept the scriptures available to me in my generation as His Word and every bit as authoritative today as when given at Mt. Sinai.  So what is the problem here?  Does this make me a Bible idolater - is there some other standard of truth you know about for  today?  jt

The question was whether we (believers) have any other witness than the written word, and we do, now as then--we have Christ in us. And those believers without Scripture, whether then or now, also have/had this witness. I'm just resisting the position that equates Christ with, or reduces him to, the Bible. That's all. Probably any further dialogue will be repetitive; I'm content that I understand your position.

Debbie