I think we're all here the best kind of fundamentalists!

I think NOT! These are more descriptive of a FEW on TT Some may be a FOUR Point "Fundamentalist" some a FIVE.
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/9963/106038 The Five Liberal Fundamentals

1. There are many paths to the same truth, so it does not matter what religion you are.

2. Truth is all relative. Every group sharing a culture has a socially constructed truth, which is true to members of the group.

3. There is no supernatural--only the natural that we don’t know and understand yet.

4. If there is a heaven, all “good” people are going there. Nobody goes to hell (if there is a hell), unless they are just too mean to tolerate goodness.

5. Whether there is a heaven or hell doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is this life.

You are no more a Fundamentalist than our Friends the LDS are Christians!

Why such a schism on TT?

J. Gresham Machen  "the root of the movement (liberalism) is one; the many varieties of modern liberal religion are rooted in naturalism--that is, in the denial of any entrance of the creative power of God (as distinguished from the ordinary course of nature) in connection with the origin of Christianity...our principle concern...is to show that the liberal attempt at reconciling Christianity with modern science has really relinquished everything distinctive of Christianity, so that what remains is in essentials only that same indefinite type of religious aspiration which was in the world before Christianity came upon the scene. In trying to remove from Christianity everything that could possibly be objected to in the name of science, in trying to bribe off the enemy by those concessions which the enemy most desires, the apologist has really abandoned what he started out to defend...The plain fact is that liberalism, whether it be true of false, is no mere 'heresy'--no mere divergence at isolated points from Christian teaching. On the contrary it proceeds from a totally different root, and it constitutes, in essentials a unitary system of its own...It differs from Christianity in its view of God, of man, of the seat of authority and the way of salvation...Christianity is being attacked from within by a movement which is anti-Christian to the core."

Evangelicalism was the next attempt at Liberalism

Here is a good definition of Fundamentalist; from a Fundamentalist: "Historic fundamentalism is the literal interpretation of all the affirmations and attitudes of the Bible and the militant exposure of all non-biblical affirmations and attitudes" (Dollar, A History of Fundamentalism in America, 1973).

World Congress of Fundamentalists "Fundamentalism is militant orthodoxy set on fire with soulwinning zeal."

"The five fundamentals have only to do with the Presbyterian aspect of the struggle with modernism. ... The bulk of Fundamentalism, especially the Baptists of every stripe who composed the majority by far, never accepted the five fundamentals alone. The World's Christian Fundamentals Association, founded in 1919, had at least a dozen main doctrines highlighted. The same was true of the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship, which originated in 1920. A true Fundamentalist would under no circumstances restrict his doctrinal position to five fundamentals. Even Dr. Carl F.H. Henry, a New Evangelical theologian, listed at least several dozen doctrines essential to the Faith. The only advantage of reducing the Faith down to five is to make possible a wider inclusion of religionists, who might be way off in heresy on other specific doctrines. It is much easier to have large numbers of adherents with the lowest common denominator in doctrine" G. Archer Weniger, quoted in Calvary Contender, April 15, 1994

Caroline Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It used to be people who believed in the five fundamentals :-) Now I don't think people know what those were and who the original debaters were!

Anyway, I agree with you:
1. to know we belong to God (body, soul, spirit :-)
2. to acts towards Him accordingly

I think we're all here the best kind of fundamentalists!

Love,

Caroline