The examples you give of "Holiness" do not take a Theolog to figure out that they are a pretense.
Who would really believe such behavior is what makes one Holy?
What is the difference between these and those OT Phar's?
Men always love to fix the outside! It's easier than the wieghtier matters!
God wants circumscribed hearts. Men do not.

Caroline Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How interesting! To me (and perhaps some others), God was saying Job had a
correct relationship with Him and spoke correctly about who He is but Job's
friends got it wrong. They said Job was being punished by God for some sin
that Job is not admitting.

So, why was Job suffering?

Also, did you come up with your list of requirements to meet the standard of
holiness or is it something that a group agrees on? At one time, the
Wesleyans felt wearing a tie was sin. Mennonites believe women should cover
their hair at church. Amish men don't shave. If I were to join Wesleyan
holiness, I would have to let my hair grow long without styling, not wear
men clothing (i.e. pants), remove the bracelet my aunt gave me, only watch G
movies and I think that's it. The rest I'm doing already (which tickles me
to no end because it is natural to my simple soul :-). Being single, I don't
even have to wrestle with the birth control issue.

But what if I decided what holiness mean from my understanding of the bible
in my relationship with my Triune God? Would that count?

Love,

Caroline