I'm actually not surprised, Judy. You write with care and, considerable thought.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: May 03, 2005 07:38
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] RE: [TruthTalk] Fw: Rikk Watts on Genesis 1

On Tue, 3 May 2005 06:14:38 -0400 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
You are obviously operating with the belief that truth can be reduced to certainty. As to some things (this perhaps being one of those things) it cannot.Unlike a house of cards mentality (if you remove one card from the structure then, the whole structure collapses) or, if one thread begins to unravel then, the whole piece will come apart; Watts can be correct (or incorrect) and trusting the Scriptures does not need to be severely impaired.

I operate with the same belief Lance - Surprise!!!

The reason you don't believe that truth can be reduced to certainty is because you take men such as this seriously.
Mr. Watts begins with a faulty premise and so it is no surprise to see that his conclusions are all "out of whack"

1.  He begins his thesis for the world being God's "environmental temple" with "greenie priests" with Israel's king and temple....
However, God did not want Israel to have a king (this was a human desire) that God tried to talk them out of (see 1 Sam 8:10-22).

2. Neither did God want a house (although Watts claims that kings always want palaces) any more than he wanted a human king;
the house was another human idea that came from David (see 1 Chronicles 17:3-10).

So Israel's temple is/was NOT intended as a mini universe. The Tabernacle in the wilderness for which God did give specific instructions was a picture of Christ and Solomon's Temple was built vaguely upon that order without specific instructions from God and by using different dimensions. If both Temple and Tabernacle symbolize anything (other than Christ) it is regenerated man who consists of body (outer court), soul (inner court), and spirit (holy of holies) and so far as God is concerned regenerated men and women are His temple today (1 Cor 3:17).

I can't see anything at all scripturally that makes fallen mankind responsible for the whole fallen world. The first Adam was to tend the
garden and when he fell from grace the 2nd law of thermodynamics began to take over.  Not to worry though because the same God who purifies us by fire will purify our surroundings by the same means whether or not some (as Mr. Watts puts it) take "an elevator" out of here.
judyt