Yes, that's the correct name. I've read two or three, can't remember. Yes, light but good; gently funny.

I don't know why they lopped off the first section for the US, and it is possible that in subsequent reprintings they stuck it back in, I don't know. It is not part of the actual story of the shipwreck and the survival with the tiger; it is his life before that, especially his exposure to various faiths through different friends, and lessons he learned from all of them as well as from his parents.

Debbie

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 10:01 AM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Fw: How to Read

I think it was actually the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.  Have you read more than just the first one?  I found reading it to be a bit like having an after dinner mint—non-filling, quick, and fun.  So what was so difficult that Americans are too dumb for in the first chapter of Life of Pi???  Was it published in Canada? If so, that explains a lot about the publisher’s opinion of Americans.  Perhaps I’ll look for American publishers in the future? Izzy