Could you shorten up that replay a bit? One only has so much time you know?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: May 10, 2005 13:25
Subject: [Bulk] RE: [TruthTalk] Proof of Jesus?

Whatever.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Debbie Sawczak
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:18 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Proof of Jesus?

This might be clearer, Izzy, and ends up with agreement, so read to the end: the same tension between the two ways of knowing still appears in what you wrote below. By submitting all claims to the criterion of proof, I didn't mean you go out looking for proof or can't believe without proof, I meant that you are prepared to give final authority to that way of knowing. However, when you say things like "I have a hard time even writing something so ridiculous" (with reference to the idea that there could be proof that God does not exist), that is my clue that you are just giving lip-service to the authority of that way of knowing ("proof"), and your real way of knowing is faith. We have that in common. Ultimately faith is the only way of knowing anything. (And it doesn't mean irrationality.)

Debbie